From Siena to Montalcino discovering The Francigena Way
From Siena to Montalcino discovering The Francigena Way. This tour takes us through the most beautiful scenery in Italy as we head to Crete Senesi in the heart of classic Tuscany. One week spent wandering through vineyards. Wandering and walking past abbeys and zigzagging around hillsides, along one on the most suggestive part of “the Via Francigena”.
Among the rolling hills and valleys, the scenery never ceases to amaze, thanks in part to the lack of difficulty of the course that always allows a lively attention to and observation of the places met along the way.
We will cross woods, valleys and small villages, in an old-style journey that will amaze every corner, enriched by the Tuscan cuisine and wines. That will liven up our evenings rewarded us by fatigue of the path. Follow us on Facebook!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS HOLIDAY
- Discovery of Crete Senesi area
- Cheese, Olive oil & Wine tasting
- Walking through vineyards and rolling hills
- Visits to Abbeys and ruined churches
- Traditional fresh pasta: Pici, Fiorentine, Sagnarelli, Testaròli
- Wines and liqueurs: Brunello di Montalcino, Chianti Colli Senesi, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano
- Olive oil, cheese, buristo, rigatino