Marche discovering antique food traditions
Marche discovering antique food traditions, a journey that allows us to discover ancient knowledge and tastes, dialects and traditions, but at the same time varied landscapes, arts and crafts of one of the most hidden Italian places.
This region is characterized by parallel valleys, dotted with medieval villages, imposing fortresses and castles, and along which many rivers flow all directions from the mountains to the sea. From the over 2000 meters high rugged and harsh mountains down to the coast, we will pass through a hinterland characterized by rolling hills scattered with vineyards, olive tree groves and spectacular fields of sunflowers.
Wandering around Le Marche we will uncover a treasure chest that hedge in amazing natural secret places and jealously preserves the secrets of ancient crafts as well as ancient knowledge of traditional recipes. Tasting different flavours we’ll learn how to prepare a wide variety of typical dishes, accompanied by local DOC wines. Follow us on Facebook!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS HOLIDAY
- Ancient knowledge handed down to prepare typical local products
- Walks in nature to gather aromatic herbs, field fresh vegetables and truffles
- Visit to ancient monasteries’ kitchen which maintained unaltered old recipes
- Traditional fresh pasta: Lumachelle, Vincisgrassi, Gloria Patri, Passatelli, tortelli del montefeltro
- Wines and liqueurs: Pecorino, Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi, Rossi del Piceno, Passerina, Mistrà d’anice
- Fossa cheese, white and black truffles, legumes, olive all’ascolana, olive oil