Naples and Campania discovering ancient tastes
Naples and Campania discovering ancient tastes, a journey that allows us to discover ancient knowledge and tastes, dialects and traditions, but at the same time varied landscapes, arts and crafts of one of the most hidden Italian places. Campania is one of the most luxuriant vegetation region, with temperate climate and beautiful territories. The great variety of the landscape passes from the mountains of the hinterland to the sea. That represent a very important element of the panorama of the area. On the coast there are numerous caves, steep cliffs, peninsulas and secluded bays, and the islands off the coast seems in conflict with the rocks and the particular colors of nature.
A special feature of the region is the presence of volcanoes which are responsible of the fertility of the plain below. One of them is Mount Vesuvius, that even if inactive, it is not turned off and dominates the Bay of Naples. We’ll explore Campania’s venerable food culture with local people who will be happy to share their old, family recipes; visit the Irpinia region where small wineries still make some of Italy’s most tantalizing red and white wines; do workshops and pasta tastings where you’ll be introduced to delicious local versions of foods like buffalo’s mozzarella, olive oil and the traditional sauce here called “sugo”, typical and very tasting italian product. Follow us on Facebook!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS HOLIDAY
- Ancient knowledge handed down to prepare typical local products
- Visit to old boroughs, along the coast and archaeological sites
- Walk in nature and relax on the beach
- Traditional fresh pasta: Scialatielli, Cavati, Lagane e ceci, Fusilli
- Wines and liqueurs: Taurasi, Greco di Tufo, Falanghina, Fiano di Avellino, Limoncello di Sorrento
- Pizza, sfogliatella, mozzarella di Bufala, blue fish, olive oil, friarelli