Roman Castles wine and food delight
Roman Castles wine and food delight, located just 20 minutes South-East of Rome. This exclusive tour immerses you in the authentic rustic cuisine, local DOC wines, culture and history found in the verdant, rolling hills of the beautiful Castelli Romani. While here, you’ll experience the warm Italian hospitality, the lively atmosphere of local trattorias, and the refined ambience of the finest restaurants of the area. You’ll also visit local historic sites of great relevance and interest and savor a gastronomic and cultural legacy developed over untold generations.
Our Castelli Romani tour gives you the opportunity to enjoy the rich and diverse flavors of the cuisine of the Roman countryside. A cuisine based on the fresh vegetables, grains and meats produced from the fertile soil of this volcanic range. All this paired with local DOC wines and virgin olive oils from the vineyards and olive groves of the area. There will be plenty of homemade wines on hand during our time, along with olive oil, homemade liqueurs and fruit conserves. You’ll also enjoy the lively atmosphere of lunch at a local “fraschetta”, outside the walls of the Chigi Villa in Ariccia, where Romans flock on a Sunday. Follow us on Facebook!
Authentic and memorable, you’ll experience the Castelli Romani as the Romans do..
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS HOLIDAY
- Walks among famous vineyards of Frascati wine
- Typical Roman food
- Visit to a pizza maker
- Visit of wine cellars
- Wine tasting of Frascati
- Visit to famous villas, abbey, and the so called Castelli Romani (Roman Castles)
- Visit of the ancient roman city of Tuscolo
- Traditional fresh pasta: Gnocchi alla romana, Bucatini, Tagliatelle ai carciofi, Pappardelle
- Wines and liqueurs: Frascati Superiore, Vini DOC Colli Etruschi Viterbesi
- Eggplants, courgettes, olives and artichokes preserved in olive oil