The hidden richness of the Dolomites
The hidden richness of the Dolomites, in the heart of the Northern Italian Dolomites, close to the border with Austria and dominated by the famous Tre Cime (Three Peaks), is the beautiful Tyrolean village of Dobbiaco.
A week’s walking from here allows you to discover the beauty and sheer magnificence of the majestic Alta Pusteria Valley, an area renowned for its 3000m jagged peaks and recognised by UNESCO as one of the most unique and spectacular mountain environments in the world. With over 1000kms of trails, the Italian Dolomites are a Mecca for high level walkers.
Highlights include a high ridge path along the Austrian border with 360o views over the Italian Dolomites and Austrian Alps, and a circular hike around the world-famous Tre Cime – three immense obelisks of sheer rock that have now become the symbol of the region. Many walks here are across high plateaux and pastures, and forest trails built by soldiers during World War I. Amazingly, all of this is accessible on well-defined paths either directly from the hotel, or via a short bus transfer or cable car ride. Follow us on Facebook!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS HOLIDAY
- Breathtaking natural landscapes: jagged limestone peaks, shimmering turquoise lakes, emerald-green slopes
- excellent bird-spotting; stunning flowers; unrivalled Alpine views
- Beautiful 4 star family-run hotel: spa with pool, saunas and steam room, deluxe rooms
- World famous Tre Cime – symbol of the Dolomites and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Traditional fresh pasta: Spinatsplaetzle, Schlutzkrapfen, Gnocchi
- Wines and liqueurs: Teroldego Rotaliano Do, Marzemino Trentino Doc, Vino Santo Trentino Doc, Muller Thurgau
- Grana Trentino cheese, speck, polenta