With a coastline of 1778km and 1185 offshore islands in the Adriatic, Croatia has some of the most beautiful beaches and scenery in the Mediterranean. The stunning Lakes of Plitvice are one of the highlights. It is a great place to explore on foot, characterized by beautiful falls and little ponds of crystalline water. By comparison, the mountainous areas of mainland Croatia, Paklenica, are less well-known, but a fantastic network of challenging trails and mountain huts awaits.
We spend time in the National Park of Plitvice famous for its spectacular clear waters, rapids, lakes and falls. The Park protects 16 lakes fed by the rivers Bijela Rijeka and Crna Rijeka (White River and Black River), rising underground, connected with several falls, that they pour again in the river Korana; and in the National Park of Paklenica, a mountainous environment covered from dense woods that always serve as frame to the sea and the white rock of the deep gorges. In distance, hundreds of islets, shed in a clear sea. It is hard to imagine a region where you can experience such diverse scenery during a week of walking. The trip finishes in the lovely coastal town of Trogir, where we stay in the fascinating old walled town, not forgetting to visit the beautiful city of Split, with the Domitian Palace. Follow us on Facebook!
EXCLUSIVE TO THIS HOLIDAY
• Opportunity to visit the colourful villages of Croatia
• Possibility of spotting wild fauna, disappeared in most of Europe
• Famous traditional Croatian fish cooking
• One of the oldest National Park in Croatia, Plitvice
• Natural grottos of Barac
• In Paklenica, alpine environment with high rocky peaks, from where the Adriatic sea is visible
• Visits to the famous Lakes of Plitvice
• Visit the famous, ancient city of Trogir
• Visit the famous, ancient city of Split and the Domitian Palace